½ small red onion, chopped
100g tomato paste
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon black pepper
500g large white Lima beans organic canned or soaked overnight. If soaked (after left overnight in water) drain, boil in new water, drain water, and boil again
½ teaspoon sugar
2 tablespoon fresh coriander, chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
1. Sauté onions in olive oil over medium heat.
2. Add tomato paste. Add salt, cinnamon, and black pepper then the beans. Add sugar.
3. Cook over heat for 5 minutes then lower heat.
4. Add coriander and garlic. Mix well.
5. Serve with rice. Add water or stock to make this saucier if too dry.