For the bottom crust:
20 Digestive biscuits
½ cup soft unsalted butter
For the filling:
2- 200g packages of cream cheese
1 cup white granulated sugar
1 cup low fat plain yoghurt
1 tablespoon flour
1 ½ tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
Garnish with cracked black pepper and cinnamon sticks
1. Preheat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius.
2. In a food processor, blend the Digestive biscuits slowly mixing in the butter. Remove from the processor and press all the biscuit/butter mix onto a baking pie pan (I use the pie/cake pans with the easy removable sides after baking). Press firmly.
3. Give the food processor a quick rinse, as you will use it again. In the food processor, mix the cream cheese with the sugar, blend well. Add the yogurt slowly. Blend. Drop the egg into the mixture. Blend. Stir in the flour and lemon juice. Blend. Lastly, add the lemon zest, vanilla extract and cinnamon. Blend.
4. Gently pour the mix over the pressed biscuit mix and give it a shake to make sure it is even.
5. Bake for approximately 35 to 40 minutes, regularly monitoring towards the end.
6. Take out and cool. Refrigerate for approximately 1 hour to settle completely.
7. Grind the fresh black pepper over the surface and lay the cinnamon sticks for a pretty presentation.