15 Digestive biscuits
50 g butter room temperature
1 kg dates without seeds, chopped (Recommended: Khidri Dates)
½cup sesame seeds
1 cup shredded coconut
1. Use a food processor to crush the biscuits, or place within a Ziploc back and press a rolling pin over the bag. Set aside.
2. Place butter in a pan over medium heat then add the seedless chopped dates; keep mixing until it softens almost like a syrup.
3. Add sesame and mix well.
4. Add biscuits and mix well.
5. Turn heat off and mix well one more time. Allow it to cool down for about 15 minutes.
6. In two separate shallow bowls, place the coconut and the pistachio. Using your hands, form small clumps of date mix into balls, about an inch wide. Roll them over coconut and then roll over the pistachio. Get creative! You can mash M&M’s for a sweet treat, walnuts for more crunch; the options are endless.
7. Place balls on a baking sheet and place in a freezer for 30 minutes so they don’t stick together. Place all date bites in a freezer safe Ziploc bag and use as you need. You can even make a 100 at once and take out a bit each time you have guests.