500 gram crabmeat (usually found in small tubs in the seafood section)
⅔ cup crushed butter/Ritz crackers
3 green onions, finely chopped
1/2 cup finely diced mixed capsicums (I prefer yellow or orange)
1 tablespoon low fat mayonnaise
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon dry mustard powder
¼ teaspoon dried ginger powder
½ lemon, juiced
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoos salt
A dash of cayenne pepper
Flour, for dusting
1. In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients, except for the flour and oil. Shape into patties and dust with flour.
2. Heat a little bit of oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When it gets hot, carefully place crab cakes in batches in the pan and fry until browned, about 4 to 5 minutes.
3. Carefully flip the crab cakes and fry the other side until golden brown, about
4 minutes more.
5. Alternatively, dust with flour and lay each crab cake in a non-stick baking pan.Bake on 170 degrees Celsius for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
5. Serve warm with preferred cocktail or seafood sauce.