For the potato purée:
2 large Yukon gold potatoes, peeled, rinsed and roughly chopped
1 tablespoon butter
1 clove of garlic, peeled and chopped
½ small yellow onion, chopped
1 spring of fresh rosemary, discard twig and chop green leaves
½ teaspoon rock salt
⅓cup light cream or double cream
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1 tablespoon orange blossom water
For the fish:
4x 100/150g fillets of Red Snapper, deboned, skinless, pounded flat
Zest from half an orange
1 cup fresh zaatar, chopped
1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
Rocket leaves, cleaned
Start with the Purée:
1. Preheat oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
2. In a medium pot, place chopped potatoes in cold water. Bring to boil then add salt. Boil for 8 - 10 minutes, or until potatoes are tender. Drain the potatoes and place them back into the pot.
3. Add butter, garlic, and onion to the pot and sauté for 5 minutes. Turn the heat off and cool mixture for 10 minutes.
4. Add rosemary, rock salt, cream, egg, parsley, and orange blossom water using a hand blender or blender. Purée until it is creamy and soft, with no chunks inside. If you find that it becomes too thick, keep mixing with a fork in between blends and add a touch more of cream.
5. Transfer to a small pan, this could be glass, and heat for 15 minutes on a middle rack of the oven. The top of the potato purée should brown up a bit. Cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.
For the Fish:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit or 190 degrees Celsius.
2. Pat all fillets dry with a paper towel. Sprinkle the zest evenly over the fillets. Do the same with a pinch of salt and pepper. Set aside.
3. In a deep plate or dish, mix the panko crumbs with the fresh zaatar.
4. Press the fish fillet pieces over the panko crumbs mixture; this will give the fish a nice textured crunch. Roll each piece and secure with a toothpick. Place on a well-greased non-stick wire baking tray. Place in oven center rack and bake for 15 to 20 minutes depending on how well cooked you want your fish. Spray with a touch of olive oil/cooking butter spray so it does not burn, you want a beautiful golden brown color.