2- 250g fillet mignon
4 slices of good quality brie cheese
1 tablespoon butter
3 cups mixed mushrooms, chopped (a mix of button, chestnut, oyster)
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tablespoon sage, chopped
Good quality rock salt and fresh grated black pepper for taste
1. Preheat oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
2. Remove steaks from refrigerator and leave out in room temperature 15 minutes before cooking.
3. On the oven top, preheat a grill pan to highest heat. With a paper towel rub butter on pan. Wait until it is very hot.
4. Place the two steaks directly on the grill pan searing grids on the outside.
5. Remove from grill pan and place onto a small baking pan in the oven for approximately 6 to 10 minutes, depending on how you like your steak done.
6. A few minutes before taking out of oven place 2 pieces of Brie cheese over each steak. When finished, take out of oven and place on plates, covered with pan lid or loosely placed foil. This allows the beef to rest.
7. While beef is resting, in a large skillet, dollop the tablespoon of butter over medium heat. After butter melts, place the mixed mushrooms in the pan, Sautee for approximately 5 minutes. Mix in the garlic and sage then crack salt and pepper mixing well with the mushroom. Drizzle with truffle oil- depending on taste.
8. Place mushrooms on the center of a nice plate. Lay steak over and top with mushrooms. Crack black pepper over finished plates.