Research has shown that children who regularly eat salmon also experience the same brain benefits as their parents. Specifically, various studies have shown that feeding salmon to preschool children helps prevent ADHD and can even boost academic performance. So, the nutrition in salmon helps focus better and remember more!
2 pieces of salmon fillet, approximately 400g, without skin, cut into large cubes
2 to 3 skewers soaked in water
For the marinade:
¼ cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons apple juice
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
2 tablespoons runny honey
1. Pre-heat oven to 175°C/350°F
2. In a bowl, combine ingredients for marinade and mix well. Place salmon cubes and allow to sit in fridge for at least an hour. (I tend to do this the night before and let it sit until the next day).
3. When ready to cook soak the wooden sticks in water.
4. Jab about 3 or 4 salmon cubes onto
5. Place skewers in a semi-deep baking
pan so salmon is not touching the bottom of pan.
6. Bake for 10 – 15 minutes- baked to
7. Garnish with sesame seeds