Green beans provide a wealth of nutrients in addition to being a versatile and delicious element in many different recipes!
½ red onion, sliced
mini meatballs- please see recipe for meatballs
500g fresh green beans, cut into 1 inch pieces with the ends discarded
1 tablespoon tomato paste
½ teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
pinch of fresh coriander, chopped
1. Sauté the onion over medium heat.
2. Add the meatballs to the onions and stir well.
3. Add the green beans, tomato paste, followed by the seasonings.
4. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, lower the heat and let them simmer.
5. Add coriander
6. Add a bit of water or stock to make the sauce thin and liquefied in case it was too dry.
7. Serve with rice.