500 grams good quality filet, sliced thinly
4 cups baby spinach leaves, arugula, or dark mixed greens
1 cup small cherry tomatoes
1 small red onion, sliced
1 small avocado, de-pitted and cut into medium cubes
1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
1 clove of garlic, minced
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
½ cup red balsamic vinegar
½ cup virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon honey, any light honey such as acacia or clover
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
¼ cup Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
Fresh ground black pepper to garnish
1. In a medium sized skillet, drizzle a bit of butter with a drizzle of olive oil over medium heat.
2. Place sliced beef on skillet and cook for approximately 4 - 5 minutes depending on how you like your meat done. Salt and pepper for taste.
3. Move beef on a plate and let it cool for about 15 minutes. Use this time to prepare other ingredients for the salad.
4. In a large bowl, combine spinach, tomato, onion, avocado, basil, garlic, salt and pepper together.
5. In a small bowl whisk vinegar, olive oil, honey, and lemon juice together.
6. Pour into large bowl of salad and toss well, making sure dressing is evenly distributed.
7. Place beef on top of salad evenly.
8. Sprinkle crumbled Gorgonzola on top of salad. Sprinkle fresh ground black pepper to finish off and serve immediately