2 large good quality eggs
1 tablespoon runny honey
2 tablespoons all purpose flour
½ tablespoon cane sugar
¼ teaspoon ground clove
½ teaspoon ground ginger powder
¼ ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract or
1 scrape of vanilla pod inside
2 tablespoons low-fat milk
Pinch of table salt
1 tablespoon low fat butter flavored margarine, softened
½ loaf wheat or white French bread sliced, Texas toast, your favorite sliced toast bread -approximately ½ inch thick
1. In a large bowl with a whisk, combine the eggs, honey, flour, cinnamon, sugar, ginger, clove and vanilla; slowly mix them in the milk.
2. In a large non-stick pan over low to medium heat, place a small piece of the butter onto the pan. Dip your bread quickly in the egg mixture, being sure to lightly coat both sides. I tend to double dip for an extra thick crust.
3. Cook on each side for three to four minutes until golden brown using tongs or a spatula.
4. To serve, sprinkle cinnamon or powdered sugar over toast if you like.
5. Serve as they are ready one at a time, and it is better when it is hot! Alternatively, place in oven in low heat if you prefer to serve all together.6. Drizzle with pure maple syrup or honey