500 grams good quality ground beef
1 pack fresh buffalo mozzarella- drained
1 tablespoon tomato paste
2 tablespoons good quality low sodium ketchup
½ medium yellow or brown onion, finely diced
½ medium red capsicum/red bell pepper diced
1 garlic, minced
1 teaspoon ground oregano
¼ teaspoon salt
Mini fresh burger buns, even Hawaiian sweet rolls
Cheddar cheese slices or any cheese slice you desire
Iceberg lettuce, chopped
Red tomato- for sliders I like to deseed then chop
1. In a large glass bowl (get those kitchen gloves ready if you don’t want to get your hands messy, but it really is the best way to mix!) combine ground beef, mozzarella, tomato paste, ketchup, onion, capsicum, garlic, oregano and salt. Form golf size balls. Pat a bit flat and poke a dent in the middle of each patty. That way the burger wont shrink.
2. In a large nonstick pan, place some butter and a drizzle of olive oil. Heat for 2 minutes over medium/low heat. Place 4 to 5 patties at a time. Flip only once after your desired preference how your burger is cooked. After you flip, place a folded piece of sliced cheese on the top. This will slowly melt. Do not cover the pan as the cheese will drip everywhere.
3. Allow burgers to cool over a paper towel or wire rack.
4. Heat a large pan over medium heat.
5. Cut small bread rolls in half and lightly spray or rub with butter. Lay face down over the pan allowing buns to crisp up a little bit.
6. Place each patty in the bread and fill as you desire! Give it a small squeeze to bind together.