Luckily, some miso in Japan is still made the traditional manual way, some shelf brands offer a similar fresh quality.
2 tablespoons miso paste- found in many supermarkets in the Japanese section
¼ cup hot water
¼ cup low sodium Soy Sauce
2 tablespoons dark honey
300-400g beef tenderloin, cut into large cubes
Wooden skewers, soaked in water before using
2 cups purple cabbage, largely shredded
1. Start by making the marinade by combining the miso paste and the hot water. Make sure paste is well dissolved, then add the soy sauce and the honey and whisk everything together.
2. Place the beef in the marinade. I recommend at least an hour in the fridge.
3. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
4. After marinating, place the beef on wet skewers and cook them for approximately 6 to 10 minutes, depending on your preference.
5. Place purple cabbage on a serving plate and drizzle honey and rice vinegar on top. Place the skewers over the cabbage and sprinkle sesame seeds generously over them.