It is traditionally associated with good fortune and has been popular in bridal bouquets and headwreaths for weddings.
1 ½ cups pumpkin, peeled and chopped
1 cup candied beetroot, peeled and chopped
150 g baby carrots (if possible different colors), half peeled, leave green end untouched
100 g green beans, ends trimmed
1 small seedless mandarin, peeled and pieces cut in half
¼ cup chopped almonds, sautéed with a bit of olive oil
¼ cup golden sultanas, sautéed with olive oil
1 teaspoon cumin, ground
1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
¼ teaspoon salt
For the dressing:
⅓ cup argan oil (if you cannot find argan oil, you can substitute with good quality olive oil)
2 tablespoons orange blossom water
1 tablespoon runny honey
1. Preheat oven to 190°C/357°F.
2. In a pan drizzle olive oil, arrange pumpkin, beetroot and baby carrots, sprinkle rock salt over top with some more olive oil. Roast for 20 minutes or until tender. Allow to cool.
3. In a bowl, whisk together argan oil, orange blossom water, and honey.
4. In a pot of boiling water and salt, boil green beans for 3 minutes and then run cold water immediately after straining.
5. In a large bowl, combine the roasted vegetables, green beans, mandarin, almonds, sultanas, cumin, cinnamon and salt.
6. Combine with dressing.