Okra is the ideal vegetable to eat during pregnancy due to its high levels of vitamin A, B vitamins (B1, B2, B6), and vitamin C, and traces of zinc and calcium. Okra also serves as a supplement for fiber and folic acid. This helps stop constipation during pregnancy.
½ red onion, finely chopped
300g small okra, stems cut and chopped to medium size
1 garlic clove, chopped
100g tomato paste
¼ teaspoon black pepper
1. Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat.
2. Cook the onions for one minute then add the okra and garlic.
3. Add a bit of water or chicken stock to soften the okra.
4. Add the tomato paste and season with black pepper and salt.
5. Add pomegranate syrup and squeeze a bit of lemon over okra mix
6. Service with rice