2 cups cooked quinoa
6 to 8 escalope-style skinless and boneless chicken breasts
¼ cup Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
2 green onions, finely chopped
Fresh cracked pepper and salt
Honey dip-Blend ¼ cup honey with 1 ½ teaspoons Dijon mustard and 1 teaspoon mayonnaise
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Celsius.
2. Prepare quinoa as usual. After fully cooking it, spread evenly on a baking tray and bake for approximately 20 minutes, until golden brown and crunchy.
3. Remove from tray and transfer to a plate.
4. In a medium bowl, blend mustard, thyme, green onion, salt and pepper with chicken breasts.
5. In three shallow bowls place in each- quinoa flour, whisked eggs and toasted quinoa. Dip chicken breast in each one at a time, starting with the flour, then eggs shaking the excess eggs off, then dip into the toasted quinoa fully coating each piece.
6. Lay on a wire bake rack or non-stick baking pan for approximately 15 to 20 minutes.
7. Allow to cool. Cut in strips and serve the honey dip on the side.