4 to 6 large milk-fed veal chops; ask
the butcher chop for you some nice thick pieces
Cracked salt and pepper
For the sauce:
1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, chopped
1 teaspoon butter
1 tablespoon good quality Dijon mustard
3 tablespoons cooking cream
1. Preheat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius.
2. Take the veal chops out of the fridge about 20 minutes before cooking.
3. Over a very hot pan or griddle, dabble some butter evenly.
4. Lay the veal chops one at a time on the very hot surface browning/searing each side.
5. Put aside until all are brown. Place in a baking sheet and heat in oven to your liking. (About 7 to 8 minutes for medium, 9 to 10 for medium well). Keep checking and testing to your liking. Cover with foil and set aside.
For the sauce
1. Over a small medium-heat saucepan, combine tarragon and butter for one minute. Add mustard and cooking cream. Mix well and add salt and pepper. Taste to your liking.