The watermelon can be classed as both a fruit and a vegetable.There are more than 1200 varieties of watermelon that come in various weights, shapes, sizes and red, orange, yellow or white in color.
20 medium sized peeled, de-veined, clean raw shrimp
1 tablespoon curry powder
2 tablespoon honey
2 teaspoons fresh
2 cups cubed or red sweet watermelon (I use a small melon scooper)
½ teaspoons lime
1 lime, juiced
2 teaspoons chopped
1 medium cucumber
peeled and cubed
2 tablespoons Greek
yogurt (if not available, substitute with low fat sour cream)
1. In a bowl, mix the shrimp, curry, honey, and coriander. Refrigerate while you continue cooking the recipe.
2. In another bowl, mix the watermelon, grated lime, lime juice, mint and cucumber.
3. Heat the shrimp mixture on large skillet with a tad bit of olive oil on medium heat until fully cooked. Add salt for taste. Remove from heat. Set aside.
4. Combine the watermelon mix in the skillet.
5. Dollop the yogurt in the skillet and mix well.
6. When spooning out of pan, add as much liquid as you desire in your salad.