4 slices of brown or multigrain bread- Alternatively- crispy store bought toasties.
200 to 300g package of smoked salmon
200g package of Labneh
2 tablespoon fresh Zaatar, chopped
Juice and zest of ½ medium fresh lemon
2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
Rock salt and ground black pepper to taste
Red pepper flakes for garnish
1. Place the bread in the toaster on medium to
medium-high setting to give your bread a light brown crispy color. When ready
spoon over Labneh evenly onto each slice. Lay fresh zaatar over each piece.
2. Open the salmon package and squeeze lemon juice over all the salmon. Then lay some salmon over each toast. This is to prevent the toast from getting soggy.
3. Sprinkle the lemon zest evenly over each piece.
4. Sprinkle with the chopped chives and the pepper and salt to taste. Easy on the salt, as salmon tends to be quite salty as it is.
5. To serve, lightly sprinkle over the red pepper flakes for a bright color contrast.
Place a coffee filter inside a pasta strainer over a large empty bowl, so the bowl is to catch anything under the strainer. In the coffee filter add 2 cups of low-fat plain good quality yogurt. Get creative, mix it with dried zaatar, chili pepper, anything you desire. Cover with clean kitchen towel and forget about it for at least 3 hours in room temperature. You will see the drained water in the bowl and the coffee filter only has the strained yogurt, this is Labneh.