7 to 8 large various colored capsicums, tops carefully cut in the form of a lid, insides taken out, cleaned and dried
½ kg ground beef
2 cups tomato purée, using ½ cup with beef mix and 1 ½ later
¾ cup soft ricotta
2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped (use dried if fresh not available)
1 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped (use dried if fresh not available)
1 teaspoon grated salt
1 teaspoon grated pepper
1 ball of buffalo mozzarella, drained
1 medium yellow zucchini or long yellow summer squash
1 medium green zucchini
1. Preheat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius.
2. Cut off tops of each capsicum forming a lid for each capsicum. Clean out the inside allowing it to be completely hollow. Dry and set aside.
3. In a large saucepan over low heat, place beef and sauté for only two minutes. Mix in ½ cup of tomato purée and then add the ricotta. Blend well till it is a bit thick and pasty. Mix in oregano, thyme, salt and pepper. Don’t over cook; even if it still is a bit raw it will completely cook inside the capsicum. Set aside off heat.
4. In a large baking dish, arrange the capsicums by color preference and carefully stuff each one with the meat mixture, set lid aside until after cooked. Over each capsicum, rip a small piece of the buffalo mozzarella and stuff it on top of the meat.
5. With the remaining 1 ½ cups of tomato purée, place in a bowl. Blend in 1 teaspoon of salt, 1 teaspoon of fresh pepper, a touch of cinnamon, and lastly 2 tablespoons of oregano. Mix well then pour around the capsicums so they are all sitting in the sauce right up.
6. Place in oven for approximately 20 to 300 minutes. Keep checking to cook to your liking.
7. While capsicum is baking, take your zucchini and twist them in spiralizer sharpener found in many gourmet stores or kitchen home stores. Almost like sharpening a pencil, they will come out in thin spaghetti lines. Sauté over a bit of olive oil for one minute and set aside. You don’t want to overcook the zucchini spaghetti.
8. When capsicums are ready, let them cool, while placing the lids over each one. You can lay one capsicum, pour the baking sauce over and serve with zucchini on the side.