2 small or 1 large sweet potato peeled (when you scratch the skin it should be orange underneath) - cut into skinny style French fry strips
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon good quality vegetable oil
2 teaspoon ground cumin
¼ teaspoon paprika
2 teaspoon cinnamon
Touch of salt
1. Preheat the oven to 205 degrees Celsius.
2. Place the sweet potato strips in a big bowl of cold water for 15 minutes. Rinse and pat dry with paper towels so they are dried off.
3. In a large bowl, toss all ingredients together until potato pieces are evenly coated with oil and spices.
4. Place sticks in a single layer onto a baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes on a rack set on the lower rings of the oven. Keep your eye on them to crisp them to your preference. Allow cooling. These fries are just as delicious cold or room temperature and can be stored in fridge as well.
5. Some people do not like these fries baked, so if you prefer, fry them in a medium pot of vegetable oil for about two minutes, then remove and let it cool for few minutes then fry again for one minute. This makes them extra crispy if you want to serve them the same day.
6. Place finished fries over paper towels to soak up excess oil. Season with a touch of salt.